Gearing up for Degaque "King of the Pit" at the Talladega Superspeedway this weekend - October 29th & 30th. Just competed in Dalton, GA at the Liberty Tree Festival. Won't be unpacking much - gettin ready for the big one. Looking forward to hearing those cars barrell by as we cook some great barbecue! Coming up with ideas on the water issue (only community water area available - none at the site itself.) Will be camping out for the weekend. Should be interesting.
Hey Friends! Here are some great tailgate tips for the football & BBQ enthusiast. Thought I'd share them with you (being how it's football season right now.)
1) Make a complete standard list of things you will use at every tailgate party.
2) Delegate chores to your team members AHEAD OF TIME.
3) Plan your menu a week ahead of the event and pick up groceries mid-week. (This way, if you happen to forget something, you're not scrambling last minute to get it!)
4) Cook what you can at home or have your team members bring prepared dishes to the event. (This saves time and energy and gives you all more time to enjoy the party!)
5) Don't forget the football!!!
6) A small inflatable kiddie pool works great as a cooler - just blow up, fill up with ice, and store your drinks!
Welcome to our new 'Que blog. We are excited to finally have our official Pit Bulls "Up In Smoke" website up and running. While it will always be a "work in progress" we wanted to get 'er up and running so all our great friends can share in our competition memories and have the opportunity to share their thoughts and ideas in our blog.
We are looking forward to another GA Barbecue Championship race for the points contest this weekend (October 9th) where we will be competing at Shermans Last Burning in Covington, GA. We're geared up and ready to go! Hope to see many of you there!